2 days ago
Monday, February 24, 2014
First I started with 8 of these...
I then cut two pieces of medium weight black chipboard (by Graffix) into 3 3/4" squares. I rubbed on some Inka Gold by Viva Decor on the edges of the chipboard pieces. Not a lot but just enough so that it showed and looked aged as if the gold had rubbed off some throughout the years. I also used Black Soot Distress Ink by Ranger to edge all my papers.
The handles on my drawers are made by using a jewelry spacer with a black brad. The feet were made using these beads from my stash. Looks like something that might have been used in the 70's judging by the color and the size of the hole in the beads.
I assembled all the pieces using Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive. The matchboxes are stacked two high and sandwiched between the two chipboard pieces. Then I glued the feet on using my hot glue gun. The beaded design on the top was made using a 3" stick pin, one of the green beads that I painted black, a gold jewelry spacer and a gold bead. When the boxes are all placed on the base chipboard piece, it leaves a hole in the middle where none of the boxes touch. So my stick pin runs all the way through the top and through the bottom chipboard piece. This left me just enough of the stick pin sticking out that I could attach a small rubber tip which now holds the stick pin in place.
Here are some different views of my finished project. Each side is a bit different as I used at least one different print on each side.
I hope you enjoyed my altered matchboxes. Thanks for stopping by!