Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Punch Art

This week I am the host for the weekly member challenge over at CardMakers Card Swaps forum. The challenge I chose to host is "Punch Art". When my obsession started with paper crafting years ago, I found that I loved punches! Big punches, little punches, shape punches and now all the wonderful border punches.....love them all. And what better way is there to get further use out of your punches than to create some punch art!

For my examples for the challenge I made 3x3 cards. The first one I made a ladybug using different size circle punches.

For the next one, the baby bib, I used a scallop punch, a circle punch and an oval punch to cut the neckline. Cute huh?

The last one, which is also my favorite, was made using different size circle punches and SU's ornament punch. The chocolate sauce is made by using the negative part of a scallop punch. I used a white pen for making the sprinkles then I added Diamond Glaze to help make the sauce look rich and chocolatey!

I can't take credit for these designs. I googled "punch art" and found oodles of designs! Instructions and credit for the ice cream sundae can be found HERE, the ladybug HERE and my apologies as I do not remember where I found the instructions for the baby bib. If you would like instructions though on how to make the bib, just let me know and I will be happy to post them.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my punch art. If you haven't checked out my prior post to this one..."A Card Request"...please do and please consider sending a card. Your card can help put a smile on a child's face. Thanks!

3 comments:

Becky said...

wow, these are great.. I just love that lady bug. :)

Janice W. said...

Each one is adorable! I couldn't choose a favorite.

Golda said...

You sent me the ice cream one. It is absolutely adorable! I have it up near my computer.