Monday, November 14, 2011

Moos!


Hello my crafty friends! It's been a couple of weeks since I posted last. Also behind on posting my weekly recipe pages :( With the holidays fast approaching it may be awhile before I get caught up and back to posting on a regular basis.

Today though I would like to share some "Moos" with you. What's a moo you ask? A moo is a piece of art that measures 1 1/8" x 2 3/4"...half the size of a business card. Just like the ATCs, they were made popular by artists who would create small pieces of art and then supply their contact info on the back to give out to people. I'm currently hosting a swap for moos over on the Card Swaps forum on the CardMakers Magazine site. The first one above is a clothesline with clothing folded origami style. Below are balloons I punched out and then added glitter to them.This next one is a Christmas ornament. I used metallic cardstock in green and red for this one but it was very hard to get a good picture without a glare.





Next up is a moo made from clear acetate. Also very hard to get a good picture of. This one is reversible with the same design on front and back.

The last one is a flower that I colored with markers directly to the rubber stamp then stamped and did some distressing.


Want to try making your own moos? Check out this fun blog for inspiration HERE. It was once an active challenge blog for moos but no longer is active. The site is still up for you to view the moos and get tons of inspiration.

I'll be back on Wednesday with a post as one of the stops on the Autumn Blessings Blog Hop for Card Swaps / CardMaker Magazine site. The online crop also starts that day. Hope you will join in for fun and inspiration. You can check out the details HERE.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Judy said...

These are all so cute! My favorite is the little origami clothes on the clothesline. I hope you had fun making them. I really enjoyed it and looking forward to getting the swap back!

Teresa Arsenault said...

These are beautiful little works of art, Susan. It's too bad I can't participate in any of the swaps. Trying to get around the postage issue would be a big challenge.
Blessings,
Teresa