Sunday, November 27, 2011

Bare Trees Christmas Card


The current weekly challenge over at Card Swaps on the CardMakers site is being hosted by Ana and she asked that we add glitter to our creations.

I am also entering this into this week's challenge over at Paper Sundaes Challenge Blog. The challenge is Winter Wonderland.

I was inspired to dig out my brass stencils and rediscover them when I made my card in my last post for the Autumn Blessings blog hop. So for this challenge I pulled out one of my all time favorite brass stencils by Dreamweavers designed by Lynelle Harlow. Her brass stencils are my favorite. This one is called Bare Trees.

I started by dry embossing the image then I stenciled it using Colorbox pigment inks. I then added glitter to the snow part of my image which succeeded in me getting glitter everywhere....my face, hands and clothing. It was even in my hair! The cardinal is a clip art image I found online and printed out.

Stores have their decorations up and the sales have begun. Many people have put up their Christmas trees this weekend. My son commutes to the city (Chicago) for school and he came home the other day and told me that Michigan Ave, was all lit up and looking festive. He said as he walked down the street to the train , the song Silver Bells was playing and people were ice skating at Millennium Park. The magic of the season has begun!

Now to get all my Christmas cards made...addressed and mailed!

6 comments:

Judy said...

This is just so beautiful. The cardinal really sets off the whole thing and your stenciling is perfect as always!

Janice W. said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Wow. This is a really beautiful card, Susan.

Becky said...

OH My word, I love this! This is gorgeous and that red bird in the center is just perfect.

Lora3677 said...

Beautiful... feels like you could just touch that cold cold glittery snow...

GeminiJen said...

That card is just gorgeous!! I love Cardinals. Beautiful job Susan.