Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Cards for the Card Crop Challenges


Whew! That was a fun week of challenges and a fun blog hop as well over at Card Swaps on the CardMakers Magazine site. If you have never participated in one...you should! The next one will be in August. There are challenges, games and prizes too! This time around there were 12 challenges in total. I was only able to find time to complete 5 of them. My first card (above), the challenge was to create a card with an ice cream image. My image is by Tina Wenke / Stampavie. I colored it with Prismacolor color pencils.

My second card is a joint effort of mine and my son's. The challenge was to use a frog image and some depth on your card. I only had one frog image that I wasn't too crazy about and almost didn't do the challenge. My son offered to come to the rescue and draw and cut out a frog for me. Isn't he cute? I went with an Asian theme and heat embossed Japanese handwriting on the background. Both the leaf and the frog are pop dotted for the depth part of the challenge.

This next card was for a challenge to create cards using images of something you would see at the beach. I chose to use this seagull image by PSX. I stamped it on Kraft color paper and colored only certain parts with white Prismacolor color pencil. It's a simple card but I think it is my favorite of the 5.

For this challenge we were to create a kite for our card. I drew and cut out the kite shape on a thin piece of cardboard then covered it with designer paper by Basic Grey. Pop dotted it and added a tail with tied ribbons and I had my kite!

Last but not least...the challenge was to create an outdoor scene using a tree. Well I didn't quite create a scene but I did use a tree! I discovered I own only this tree image except for a couple of Christmas tree images so I was pretty stuck on this too. I'm hoping I will be forgiven by the host of the challenge for not creating a scene and my tree is accepted! :) I colored the image with Prismacolor color pencils.

I have had some request to post a tutorial on how to use WORD text boxes which I hope to have posted very soon. Also coming up soon I will be posting my discoveries on making stick pins and just how I make mine. So stay tuned...

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Wow girl, you sure have been busy.. I just love that first image, and who would of thought to paper piece that frog, fabulous.

Janice W. said...

I love all of your cards. I have the Cottage Cutz die of your first card. I love how you colored it!

Patti said...

Yeppers! You are still at it and wow!!! I love these cards Susan : )

me.