Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Challenge...A Swap... A Project


Wow...has it really been a couple of weeks since I posted last? I had that flu bug that has been going around and it sure set me back a bit as well as I have just been busy with life. But I have managed to fit in a bit of crafting time here and there. A couple of weeks ago was World CardMaking Day and over on the CardSwaps forum on the CardMakers site there was a mini crop challenge. One of the challenges was to make a 3"x 3" notecard. Above is the one I made for the challenge. It was quick and easy to make and the best part was I used scraps from my scrap pile to make it. This was one of my favorite challenges from the mini crop. Also being the favorite of some of the other girls as well, one of the site participants chose to host a swap for making 3"x 3" notecards. I couldn't pass that up! So I rummaged through my scraps, used the same design as my challenge notecard...adding a tweak or two, and made 16 more notecards. Here is what I came up with for the swap:

Twelve of the cards are for the swap but four are for myself. Sooooo that meant I needed something to keep my set of notecards in as well as the ones I will receive in the swap. Hence the project part of this post and this is what I came up with....a box to hold my cards:


You can find a tutorial here on SCS that shows how to make this box. It was so simple and so fast to make. I already have ideas in my head about making more to give as gifts.

Hope all of you have managed to avoid that nasty flu bug that is going around. Stay well my crafty friends and be sure to keep an eye on my blog for news about the upcoming "Sugar Crash" Crop Challenge and Blog Hop that will be happening November 4th - 6th over on the CardSwaps forum. Lots of challenges, prizes and loads of fun will be going on. I will be once again one of the blog hop stops and I have a fun project that I will be showcasing.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Claire said...

These are lovely and I love the monochrome one - I made some note cards complete with box for a friend back in July and thought I would do more for Christmas presents. Hugs, Claire x

Jessie said...

They are so pretty Susan and I love the box, what a great way to store your cards!

Meredith said...

Ooh, now I'm really excited to receive your cards from the swap! And look...now I just *have* to go make a box for mine too!!! You see what you started!

You should post this over on the swap thread...it is too cute to pass up!

GeminiJen said...

Susan, those are just adorable and that box is divine!! I'm borrowing (stealing) this idea. :)
I'm so glad you're feeling better.

GiftsByHeidi said...

Wow, you were on a roll!! Great projects, can't believe you made so many cards, and they are all so cute!! Love the black/white color combos. Super cute!

Janice W. said...

Susan I love these little note cards! I wouldn't pass up that swap either.
Sorry you had the flu, but glad you are feeling better!

Becky said...

HI Susan;
these are awesome girl, I just love this cute design. all those cute flowers and love the ribbon on the box. I may have to try this out.

Jennie Skaggs said...

WOW SUsan. These turned out beautiful. Love it.