Monday, September 27, 2010

Miss You - Friday Sketchers


A couple of posts ago I said I couldn't make masculine cards....but...by George I think I am getting the hang of it! I needed to make a card to send to my very homesick son who is away at school. The image is from Digital Delights and can be found HERE. They have the cutest digital images. I used Prismacolor color pencils to color the image. The DP is by Making Memories and the cardstock is Bazzill. The triangle piece is a chipboard piece from my stash that I covered with the DP and added a brad by Spare Parts.

I am entering this into the Friday Sketchers challenge. You can see the sketch below. I thought the sketch was perfect for my "miss you" card.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget that this Saturday is World Card Making Day. See my post below for information on the activities that will be taking place over at CardMakers on the CardSwaps forum. Hope you can join us for a fun day of crafting!

6 comments:

Claire said...

Well you certainly can produce male cards, this is just fabulous - love the image and the colours are just perfect. Hugs, Claire x

Jessie said...

Wow Susan, that dp with the image are just perfect together and I really love how you covered the photo corner and added a screw brad! Just awesome!

Becky said...

This is adorable!! Love this cute little image, and this great sketch.

Janice W. said...

Susan I love this card! Sorry your son is homesick! That giraffe is so cute and I love the Kraft cardstock with the black! Great card!

Lora3677 said...

Very cute card and that is a great sketch!

frogquilter said...

Hop hop hoppping right along! Really cute card