Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Just Magnolia - A Sketch - Challenge #48


I'm entering this into the challenge this week for Just Magnolia. The challenge is a sketch which you can see below. Last week I missed posting my challenge card in time by 36 minutes so I made sure I watched my calendar and clock to make sure my card made it in time this week...LOL!

There are a lot of tutorials online especially on you tube for making your own lollipop flowers. I finally decided to try making some. I did a 3 layer flower with the middle layer having Stickles around the edges which is hard to see in the picture. These were the easiest and fastest flowers I have ever made. I think they kind of have a wacky whimsical look to them...don't you?

Image is Magnolia's balloon Tilda which I colored with Prismacolor color pencils. Added some Stickles to the balloons, wings and Tilda's ponytail holder. Hard to see in the picture though but in person it's sparkly! Cardstock is by Bazzill and printed paper is a scrap from my stash. Sentiment is by Inkadinkado and both the leaf and butterfly punches are by Martha Stewart.

6 comments:

Pauline said...

It's a beauty, Susan! Great interpretation of the sketch. Love your handmade flowers, too. I'm sure it's even prettier in person. Who doesn't love a little sparkle or bling?

Janice W. said...

Such a sweet card! I love the flowers too! Glad you got it in on time!

GiftsByHeidi said...

I love those flowers - they go perfectly with your card!

Becky said...

Wonderful job on this sketch, and wonderful card, love these flowers.

Bev said...

Such a sweet card, the colours and embellishments are so pretty. Thanks for joining JM this week x

Barbara said...

Love those flowers!!! The coloring and stickles....wonderful!