Thursday, September 3, 2009

Just Magnolia Challenge / Ribbons and Bows



The Just Magnolia challenge called for ribbons and bows. I almost always grab some ribbon for my projects so the challenge seemed easy enough. I chose to use Magnolia's cross stitch Tilda which I colored with my Prismacolor colored pencils and blended with Gamsol. The cardstock is a Georgia Pacific base and the blue is Bazzill. The stripe paper is from my stash and sorry I do not know who makes it. I used my Nestabilities and a Martha Stewart scallop border punch for my tools. Ribbon is by Offray. The sentiment is computer generated. I found this really cute cross stitch font on dafont.com that I thought was perfect to use for this card.

I had a little bit of scraps left so instead of putting them into my scrap drawer I decided to use them on the inside. I used the same cross stitch font for the inside sentiment as the front. I hope you can see it....clicking on the picture to make it bigger might help if you can't. Completed card size is a 5 1/2" square.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out the Just Magnolia challenge blog!

5 comments:

Rosette said...

Wow! lovely card Susan, I love everything about it, and the vibrant colours suit her so well :)
How clever of you to use that matching cross stitch font! Awesome card :))

Bug hugs hun :)

Judy said...

Cute, cute, cute! I like the paper you chose and how you did the ribbon. After my little stitching experiment the other day, I've been thinking of trying some cross stitiching on a card - this would be a great image. Actually, now that I think about it - I think you mentioned that to me once too. Oh - and that's a cool font!

Janice W. said...

Hi Susan,
This is so darn cute!!! I love the colors, paper, ribbon and paper lace. I finally have purchased some Tilda stamps. I will have to get inking. Thanks for your wonderful comments on my work! You are too sweet! I love your work and think you should be published too!! Lovely inside of card too.

Jessie said...

Beautiful card Susan, so pretty and fresh.

GiftsByHeidi said...

That is so cute. The cross sttich font is PERFECT! How creative to think to find that font. Love how you wove the ribbon on the front too.