Thursday, July 9, 2009

Just Magnolia- So Charming & Sketch Saturday Challenges


I have a twofer......two of my favorite challenges.....Just Magnolia and Sketch Saturday. I'm getting this in just at the last minute for the Just Magnolia challenge which is to include a charm on your creation as well as a Magnolia image. I chose to use Alva the elf holding a flower. She is one of my favorite images from the Magnolia line. I love the sketch this week over at Sketch Saturday, which you can find below. I thought it was perfect for my Alva card.

The card base is a cream color by Wausau. The solid distressed and printed papers are by Basic Grey from their new line called "Lemonade". I just love this paper. I chose to do some additional distressing with inking the edges of some of the papers with Tim Holtz's Distress Inks and also using a distress tool by Heidi Swapp. There are some fabulous creations to check out over at Just Magnolia and Sketch Saturday.....I hope you will take some time to check them out.

Supplies Used:
Image: Alva the elf by Magnolia
Sentiment: Impression Obession
Cardstock: Wausau
Printed Papers: Lemonade by Basic Grey
Ink: Memories, Ranger Distress Ink "Old Paper" and " Mustard Yellow"
Tools used: Spellbinders Nestabilities, Martha Stewart heart scalloped border punch, Martha Stewart leaf punch, Heidi Swapp distressing tool
Prima flowers, pearls, brads and butterfly charm from "my stash"
Techniques: Image colored with Prismacolor colored pencils and blended with Gamsol
Completed card size: 5 1/2" square

7 comments:

sophiesmama said...

Loving this card Susan! Too cute!
Hugs,
Mary

Bev said...

Such a gorgeous card, love the papers and colours. Thanks so much for joining us this week x

Becky said...

This is a gorgeous card, I love this image and love that design paper.

Judy said...

This is very pretty. Love the colors and the paper. Cute Alva image too.

Rach said...

a gorgeous card, fabulous papers and colouring of your image. hugs rachxx

Rosette said...

What a sweet card hunny!! You keep amazing me with all the lovely cards and style you share with us. Lovely colouring.. and that charm is simply adorable. big hugs xxxx

GiftsByHeidi said...

Love this card!! Your coloring is amazing on this one. The shading is incredible! I love that sketch too!