Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Just Magnolia Challenge - Buttons


Button, button.....whose got the button? This week over at Just Magnolia the challenge is to add buttons to your creation. I love using buttons for the center of flowers so this was an easy challenge to do. I chose to use Tilda with her cherry boots for my required Magnolia image for the challenge. I colored her using Prismacolor colored pencils and blended with Gamsol. The card base is Wausau and the color card stock is by Bazzill. Printed paper and the paper used for the butterfly is from the "Lemonade" collection by Basic Grey. Spellbinders Nestabilities were used for cutting the circles. The cream color circle is embossed with Cuttlebug's swiss dot embossing folder. Flowers were punched using Paper Shapers Retro Flower punch. I used Martha Stewart's butterfly punch for the butterfly. Pearls are by Hero Arts. ribbon by Offray and buttons by Lasting Impressions.

I am amazed at the talent I see each week over at the Just Magnolia challenge blog. Check it out....you won't be disappointed! Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Becky said...

This is so cute, love the dp you used and how you paper pieced her cloths. And those button flowers are just fabulous.

GiftsByHeidi said...

That is a super cute stamp! And I love your card, great idea to paper piece her clothes too!

Susan said...

Thanks Becky and Heidi for the compliments.....I didn't paper piece her outfit though...LOL! I colored it with pencils. Sorry if my description confused you guys......didn't mean to do that.

Judy said...

She's adorable and I love the layout. Great color scheme too.

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Ooh, I love these colors. What a gorgeous card. I love your Tilda image and you put this together beautifully. I'd love to try to get in on this one - perhaps I can still fit it in.

Rosette said...

Hello sweetie :) this is such a fab card, I simply love it :))
You did a magnificent job, you seem to be part of the Magnolia addiction club now!! lol

Big hugs sweetie xxx

Bev said...

Fabulous card, love the colours. Thanks for joing us at JM this week x

Elizabeth P said...

Very nice colours on this card! You have a gorgeous blog and your creations are so beautiful! I´ll come back soon... ;)