Sunday, July 26, 2009

Relaxing Bubbles - Happy Hoppers / House Mouse




I have been trying all week to find time to do these two challenges so I'm coming in at the last minute or I may even be late but I wanted to try both of these challenges. At House Mouse and Friends you were to color your image but everything else had to be in white. Your card stock, papers, embellishments etc....all white on white. I chose to use a Happy Hopper image called "Relaxing Bubbles" with minimal coloring which I did with Prismacolor colored pencils and blended with Gamsol. I added some crystal Stickles to the bubbles for added pizazz. I used different shades of white card stock of which I ran the 3 panels through the bubbles Cuttlebug embossing folder. Flowers are by Prima Flowers with a pearl center. Leaf punch is by Martha Stewart and satin ribbon is by Offray. I cut my circles using my Spellbinders nesatbilities.

I thought the sketch over at Mojo Monday was the perfect sketch to showcase my white on white card. This was my first experience at making a white on white card and I think I would like to try it again when I have a bit more time to really get into it. I can see where the white on white could give some really dramatic results when using different shades of white and texture.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have had a fun weekend creating!

10 comments:

Judy said...

I'm glad you found time to make your card. It's awesome!

Doralynn said...

This card is stunning! I love the white on white, perfect ;-)

Becky said...

This is just gorgeous, love the sketch, which I have not done yet, and love the white on white.

Jessie said...

I love the white on white Susan, I would never have thought to do it but I am definately going to try it :)
P.S There's something else on my blog for you!

Rosette said...

What a lovely card Hunny!! Love the white on white.. I never had the gutts to do it!! :)

GiftsByHeidi said...

I've never tried one of those white on white cards... looks intimidating. Yours turned out great!! Great idea to add to the bubbles!! Great coloring as always too!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Susan, great job on this! Love the image you chose. This one was a bit tricky, huh?

Janice W. said...

Very nice! I have yet to make a white on white card. Love the look!

Tasia D said...

I like the white on white! I think it turned out great - and your mousey is TOO CUTE!!

Also, I chose you as one of my 7 nominations for the Kreativ Blogger Award :)

Pati said...

Very cool white on white. I love the texture added by the embossing, the bubbles!