Sunday, July 5, 2009

Puddle Fun / Happy Hopper - House Mouse


Over on the Creating Keepsakes / Paper Crafts message board, weekly challenges are hosted by the board participants to encourage our "mojo" not to go into hiding. This past week the challenge was hosted by Judy / dgbearsmom. The challenge was to use a new image that you have never worked with before as well as to choose one other item from a list of options she gave you to choose from. One of the options was to combine the challenge with another challenge which is what I chose to do, combining with the House Mouse weekly challenge. I chose to use a Happy Hopper image called Puddle Fun. The challenge this past week over at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge blog was to use paper tole on your creation. There is more than one form or levels of paper tole. For this challenge a tutorial was provided to show how to do a simple paper tole on your creation. You can see the tutorial here. Basically though the art of paper tole is to create a dimensional or 3D effect. I chose to do this with the umbrella in the image.

This is a rather large image to work with not allowing you much room to add embellishments. I managed to squeeze in a flower, charm and some pearls though! Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies used:
Image: Happy Hopper "Puddle Fun" by Stampabilities
Cardstock" Bazzill
Printed Paper: Kaiser Craft
Ink: Memento
Tools: Martha Stewart Branch Punch, SU Corner Punch
Flowers, brad, charm and pearls from my "stash"
Techniques: Paper Tole, Image colored with Prismacolor Colored Pencils and blended with Gamsol
Completed Card Size: 5 1/2" square

9 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

This is really pretty! Love how you did the paper tole technique and love the little frog charm, great card!

Janice W. said...

Hi Susan,
This card is awesome! Absolutely perfect, every little detail. I love it!
:) Janice

Becky said...

Great job with this challenge, I am still working on mine :).

Heather said...

Oh Susan this is just fabulous.
Your paper tole work on that umbrella is fantastic and that little grog charm absolutely adorable. I love everything about this card.
Thanks so much for sharing this with us at HM&F.
hug Heather xx

GiftsByHeidi said...

That image is so cute! Love that charm, it really goes with the card!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card. I just love House Mouse. Thanks for highlighting the frog charm. I think I would have missed it otherwise.

karen said...

adorable card!

~MudpieMouse said...

This is one of my favorite HappyHoppers images and I love to see the cards you all create with it. I must say, that your card is one of my favorites. I love the striped paper, love the way you colored the image and love the embellies you chose. Keep on stampin' on!

IamDerby said...

This is very cute! I love HM stamps.