Thursday, January 1, 2009

First card of 2009!

My first card of 2009 and to my friends and family....YES, I can make a card that doesn't have mice on it! LOL! I have some cardstock that I bought ages ago in the pastel colors with envelopes in the same colors. I want to make a set of simple note cards for someone I know and thought it would be nice to make one each using all the pastel cardstock colors that I bought. For the first one I chose to use the yellow. The envelope I will be providing with this card is also the same yellow as the cardstock.

The image I chose to do is a $1.00 stamp that I purchased at Michael's. I am guilty of thinking those $1.00 stamps are cute, I buy them, then bring them home and never use them. So I finally inked this one up to use as my image for this card. I thought it would be a cute but fun image with bright and fun colors which I colored with Prismacolor colored pencils. Oval shapes were cut using the Oval Nestabilities by Spellbinders with my Sizzix BigKick. Dry embossing was done with Cuttlebug's D'Vine Swirl embossing folder also using the BigKick.

I participate on the Creating Keepsakes Papercraft message board where we currently have a 2009 card challenge that started today. We have challenged the scrapbooking side of the site to a challenge to see which side, the scrapbookers or the papercrafters, can make 2009 cards first. A thread has been started on the message board for both sides and as we make a card (s) we add it to the running total. So the race is on to see which side will win and how long it takes. If your a member of this site and you make a card, don't forget to add it in. Every card counts! If your not a member then please come check us out and consider joining in on the fun.

Happy New Year Everyone!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow, beautiful card.
xAndrea

Rosette said...

HoHo... a mice-less card!! :)) lol that seems strange... but cute!! :) Just love to joke a bit with you Susan ;) Hope that you started your year in a very good way, and that it will remain so throughpout 2009. HugZ dear... and keep well@ :)

Judy said...

I have been looking forward all day to coming home and seeing your latest creation and I can't believe it either - no mice (or bunnies). I am also guilty of buying all those dollar stamps and then never using them. I have that same image. I'm going to need to challenge myself to use some of them too.
Judy

Becky said...

Don't you just love a bargain :), with a one dollar stamp you made a million dollar card. :)
Rebekka

GiftsByHeidi said...

So cute! I have some of those $1 stamps and never use them either. Guess I need to start using them. I better get making some cards to add to the challenge!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Wow, this card is so pretty. Such a simple little stamp, but your colors really make it, and I love the yellow.
This turned out gorgeous!