Sunday, January 4, 2009

Birthday Wishes - Cupcake Tilda

I have been wanting to try working with the Magnolia rubber stamps but have been very intimidated with them when it comes to coloring. I see so many beautiful and cute cards made with the Magnolia images. I have received some images in some image swaps I have been in and decided it was time to take the plunge! I believe this image is "Cupcake Tilda". I colored her with Prismacolor colored pencils. I added Stickles for sparkle to her wings and the cupcake icing, which doesn't show well in the picture. I then cut her out and pop dot her to the card. All ovals were made using Spellbinder's Nestabilities. Sentiment is by Studio G Clear Stamps. Flower embellishments are Prisma flowers from my Stash. I scanned the card this time instead of taking a picture of it with my digital camera. The color is a little off but it's close to what it looks like in real life.

I'm happy with the end results. I just may have to look into buying a stamp or two from the Magnolia line!

5 comments:

Rosette said...

This is just LOVELY Susan!! :) I wouldn't have beleived that this is your first with Tila!! She's sooo cute. Todat we'll have a fresh challenge at ROP challenge blog hunny... hope you'll enter. And if you'd like, Summer has a good sale on the stmaps right now at the after Christmas sale.

Hugs dear, the cupcake looks yummy :))

GiftsByHeidi said...

That is gorgeous! I see a lot of the magnolia images on beautiful cards and too have been intimidated to try it myself. Yours turned out so perfectly. Love it!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Susan this is so cute! You did a great job coloring Tilda, and I love the colors you chose and your use of ovals. I really love the Tilda images and hope to post mine soon. Thanks for sharing yours.

Janice W. said...

Your card is darling and I love purple!!

Becky said...

Susan this is just toooo adorable :). awesome.